The J.R. Huffman Public Library is located in Hemphill, Sabine County, Texas and opened its
doors in 1994. The library began as a grass-roots effort by local residents and was started
through the generosity of Al and Pat Smith and the Temple Foundation. The Dr. W.T. Arnold, Sr.
Theater is a wonderful addition to the library facility and is dedicated and named after
long-time resident, Dr. William Thomas Arnold, Sr., who was the town physician for many years.
Dr. Arnold died in 1937, and generous donation from his children supplemented the funding
for the theater.
-Texas State Library and Archive Commission member
-Sabine County Chamber of Commerce member
-501-3 (c) non-profit organization
- JaNelle Trexler, Director
- Cynthia Beard, Clerk
2021 Board of Directors
- President: Art Thibodeaux
- Vice President: Bill Speights
- Personnel: Janis Speights
- Secretary: Mary Ann Tompkins:
- Treasurer: Jimmy Tompkins
- Facilities: Jason Huffman
- Memorials: Sherry Thibodeaux
- Member: John Miller
- Member: Travis Trexler
- Honorary Member: Sandy Ray
- Honorary Member: Margaret Huffman